October 4, 2012

Got Anchor Charts?

You might ask why I didn't jump on the band wagon when I first heard about these fabulous resources and the simple answer is...I'm stubborn. I didn't think they could help out my middle school classroom. Man, WAS I WRONG!

A few of my favorite things about anchor charts:
-Easy to make (just find one online for your inspiration)

-Mr. Sketch markers (I love the smell as I make anchor charts)

-Students refer to them daily!

-When a student asks me a question about something we have already learned, I can easily point to the anchor charts and the student can answer their own question.

-With more observations happening in my district, the observers always stop at my board where I store my charts and just stare. (I THINK this is a good thing)

-The colors. My students always try and guess which colors the anchor chart will be. So funny!

-Visual! So much easier for the visual learners. (I think everyone has the visual learner inside of them)

And now...a few anchor charts from our classroom. I seriously need to invest in a camera for my room :)






For info on where I received ideas on some of these info charts. Check out my Anchor Charts link on the left side of this blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your anchor charts! There are so many cute ones out there!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all of your awesome anchors.

    Tina

    www.flamingosandbutterflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete