November 26, 2015

Real World Thanksgiving Activity - Planning Dinner with Local Ad

Hi all! Happy Thanksgiving! I am sitting here, holding my baby and being thankful that I only have to make the rolls and a couple pies this year. Last year, the whole celebration was at my house and it was a ton of work and a ton of fun! Anyway, on to the classroom activity...

I know there are a bunch of Thanksgiving dinner planners on TpT, but I like to use our local grocery store's ad. Much more real life.


The students are given a sheet I made on Docs that lists things from the ad. They are required to figure out how much of the item is needed and the total cost.


They are broken up into groups of three and the fun begins! This activity takes around an hour and everyone is always on task.


That is it! Super simple and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment