June 18, 2013

Math Workshop Ideas

So we are starting our Guided Math book study next week and I can't wait! We will introduce the book and start reading on Monday, June 24th!


I've been researching/pinteresting for ideas on math workshops and here are a few I've stumbled across.

BUILD is an Daily 5 idea but for math workshops. Check it out here. I like that there are 5 rotations (especially since I will have around 28-30 kiddos next year) and it is all thought out for me. Can't beat that right?

Like this idea too! Number of the day...kinda like calendar math.

Isn't this just a beautiful board? I love the organization of it. From Clutter-Free Classroom

Totally want to purchase this from Runde's Room on TpT. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be teaching math for the first time next year and had thought about doing a type of math workshop, but my friend told me I wouldn't have time to do small groups because all the students will need me every day. Still not sure I understand that but....she's a great math teacher so I'm scared to stray!! :)

    She said she spends about 1-1/2 hours on math each day, and I'm thinking to myself-you mean I've got to be teaching whole class that WHOLE TIME?????????????

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina- thanks for linking to my page about BUILD! :) I absolutely love BUILD- it saved my sanity during math instruction. If you or any of your readers have any questions about BUILD, please feel free to visit my page or e-mail me at adventures.inteaching@yahoo.com. (You can add that to your post, if you want!)
    Your page is so cute and I can't wait to dig in to all of your posts!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete