August 9, 2012

Must Have Reading and Writing Materials


I am going to join up with Lindsay over at My Life as a Third Grade Teacher for my first ever linky party!



1.My first must have this year is my Cafe board that correlates with the Daily 5. This pic isn't too great, but all I had was my phone and it was taken without the lights on because my 3 year old was watching a movie on my Smart Board. My photography skills are pretty much amazing, right?


I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited to be using Daily 5/Cafe this year and it is already a must have for my classroom. I have planned all my common core lessons around this board and my Voices board (writing) which I will hopefully post about (with pics) next week.

2. Sticky notes!!! I use these babies for EVERYTHING, especially when it comes to reading workshop. My students make predictions, tracks, notes, inferences, mark vocab, and pretty much anything else I think up with sticky notes. I use all sizes and colors.

3. I don't have a pic of this one, but #3 is our school leveled library which is located in the back of the main library. Seriously, it is pretty awesome and I pull from it ALL THE TIME!!!



What is your reading/writing must have?

1 comment: