May 14, 2013

It is a New Year New Gear Kind of PaRtY!

When I saw this post I knew, KNEW, I had to link up. I'm all about starting to plan for the new year. Thoughts for the next year actually start bumping around in my head about mid March and attack me during April and May.

Since I'm heading back to the elementary school next year to teach 4th grade I had to start stalking a bunch of fourth grade blogs and try to remember what I used in my classroom 4 years ago. Here is what I have...

I or my students absolutely need...

1. Writing folders
Each student will have a writing folder that will always be at the writing center in this...


2. Mr. Sketch Markers
For anchor charts of course! Okay, I love just sniffing them too :)


3. Yellow Paper Pad
I'm LOVING the idea of using this for drafting when writing.


4. Binders
I am a binder lover my friends. 
There is something that makes kids feel important if they can 3 hole punch an assignment and put it into the binder. I divide the different subjects by giving the students colored paper and everything gets 3 hole punched and put in their binder. This also eliminates lost papers.


5. Math Notebooks
Wouldn't these be fun? But I usually get the boring black ones.
Anyway, using a math notebook is the way to go. AND it fits in the binder! Turn the composition book sideways and put the back flap into the folder pocket inside the binder.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Love the pretty comp books!! I also love the file folder holder, where can I find one of those!! I actually need two since I teach LA twice. Great ideas, I'm happy you are thinking ahead like us!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried math notebooks for several years. We have used gridded notebooks, but I think I am going back to folders for next year. I like being able to add paper. Also, third graders have some trouble with the grids (they want to write in the little squares!). Found you through Pinkadots Linky!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am happy to find a new blog to follow. I have been teaching 4th grade for 3 years now and 4th grade blogs aren't as plentiful as the primary grades. I love math interactive notebooks. I have been using them for a couple of years and will never go back.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete