September 7, 2012

Friday Fun!!

Linking up with Kelly from Teaching Fourth for the weekly Friday Fun!



My district has short Fridays and today we had a school wide read-a-thon after school from 1:00-3:00! SO. MUCH. FUN! We had a bunch of kids come and everyone loved it. Considering I work at a middle school,  I was impressed by how many "cool" kids were there. We gave away 13 picture books and 11 chapter books (like Divergent, Matched, The Lightening Thief). The kids even asked if we could do it all again next week. I am not allowed to post pics, sorry.

Divergent The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) The Maze Runner (James Dashner)

7 comments:

  1. What grades make 'middle school'? Sorry, I don't know - I'm in Australia and I homeschool, but curious just the same. :o)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of short Fridays! I love the idea of a read-a-thon! What a wonderful way to promote reading! Thanks so much for linking up! I hope to see you again next week.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want short Fridays too! The neighboring county has short Wednesdays. What do we have??

    Half hour longer days then any other county in Florida! Well, we do get a lot done and we are doing great!

    Take care!

    Tamara
    Life's A Beach in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middle school is 6th-8th grades! Such a crazy, fun age :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I would love a shorter day! They took all of our shorter days away and added time to some of our days. A read-a-thon would be so much fun! This is something I should bring up, especially for the end of the year!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish our shortened days were filled with fun activities like a read-a-thon instead of PDs. What a fabulous idea!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a great idea! I love the idea of giving away books. One of my student's moms said that they had no books at their home and it made me so sad!

    ReplyDelete