July 16, 2012

Picture Books from The Teacher Wife




1. The Empty Pot: My mom read this story to me all the time when I was a little girl and I have such fond memories of it. This story teaches a very important lesson on honesty. Click {here} to read a great summary of this book and click {here} to get your own copy.
Enemy Pie
2. Enemy Pie: This book was a lucky find! I found it in a cute little book store I love to spend time in. I bought it based on the cute cover and title. I lucked out when it turned out to be a wonderful story with a great moral about friendship. Click {here} for a great lesson plan to go with this book and click {here} to get your own copy.


3. Ordinary Mary's Extraordinary Deed: I LOVE THIS BOOK! It teaches the sweetest lesson about kindness. This book is great for creating a caring classroom and it will show your students that one person can make a difference. Click {here} to get your own copy.


4. What Are You So Grumpy About?: This book is just plain funny and I adore the pictures. This book is great for teaching about moods and different emotions. Click {here} to get your own copy.



5. Purple, Green and Yellow: This book is such a funny read aloud and my students asked for it ALL THE TIME last year. I also love it because I think it is fun to say {in one breath} Super-indelible-never-come-off-till-you're-dead-and-maybe-even-later coloring markers!
Click {here} to get your own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment